Upcoming Meetings: 3rd Wednesday bi-monthly at 5:00 in the Library
September 20, 2017- agenda minutes
November 15, 2017- agenda minutes
January 17, 2018- agenda minutes
March 21, 2018
May 16, 2018
Past Community Council Minutes-
School Plans, Inventory Assessments and Funding
|Current Actual Funding 2017-2018
|Actual Funding 2016-2017
|Actual Funding 2015-2016
|Actual Funding 2014-2015
|Actual Funding 2013-2014
*Please note: Funding and Estimate could change depending on enrollment changes
Purpose of the Community Council:
A Community Council shall be formed at each school to provide a sounding board for the principal to be used in the performance of his/her designated duties and responsibilities. Actions of the school Community Council shall be advisory in nature. Community Councils shall consist of at least seven (7) members, including four (4) parents/guardians, and three (3) employee members (including the principal).
Each school Community Council shall:
- Annually evaluate the school’s assessment results and use the evaluation in developing a School Improvement Plan.
- Develop the School Land Trust Program.
- Develop and implement a Professional Development Plan.
- Develop a child access routing plan and make recommendations relating to the community environment for students. (Elementary)
- Develop a Reading Achievement Plan. (Elementary)
- Create subcommittees and/or task forces as needed.
How you can be involved in Community Council:
This year, for the first time in a while, we have more volunteers for our Community Council (7) than we have slots available to serve (5). Which means that we will need to have an election, as required by law. To this end, our Community Council elections will be held Monday-Wednesday, September 11-12-13, 2017 during school hours, up to and including our first Parent-Teacher Conference from 4:00 -7:00 p.m. The ballot box will be accessible in the front office during this time, after which we will count the ballots and notify everyone of the results.